What kind of work would Edward Jenner be carrying out if he was alive today?
We’ve invited some of our favourite researchers and science organisations to show off all that’s exciting about the world of science. In a series of interactive activities, demonstrations and talks for all the family, our first ever Discovery Day will bring up to date all of Jenner’s diverse interests, from the latest work in the field of diseases and vaccination, to weather balloons and climate science.
Join us for hands-on activities with:
- Cheltenham Science Group
- British Society for Immunology
- Royal College of Pathologists
- TomatoJack Arts
- Bristol Dinosaur Project
We’ll also be launching a weather balloon (subject to necessary approvals!) and tracking its progress throughout the day.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Peter Gibbs How to send your camera to the stratosphere
- Sarah Dry Race to the edge of space: a breathless history of stratospheric science
- Geoff Hilton New technology, ancient mysteries: uncovering the secrets of bird migration
- Helen Bedford and David Elliman This house believes that vaccination against some diseases should be compulsory
- Suresh Singh The origins of the dinosaurs
Full details and programme to follow soon. Subscribe to our mailing list to be one of the first to know.
We’ll have special ticket prices for Discovery Day:
(2 adults + up to 3 under 18s)
Your name could be here! We want this event to be the best it possibly can be, so we’ve launched a Crowdfunder campaign to raise funds to support the day. There are all sorts of exciting rewards on offer, please see here for more information.
We are also looking to partner with businesses to deliver this event. Please contact us for more information.